The Salkantay Trek is more than an alternate to the classic Inca Trail. It's an extraordinary trek and was named by National Geographic as one of the world’s 25 best treks. The views of the Andes are unbeatable as you traverse beneath the sacred Salkantay Mountain (6271m/20569ft). Salkantay Pass (4,600m/15,200 ft), the highest point of the trek, offers excellent views of surrounding glaciers. It’s a long decent from the pass that takes us across a number of ecological zones and into the depths of the tropical forests where numerous species of orchids and an array of ferns can be spotted along the trail. We arrive in Aguas Calientes on the fourth day where the trek ends and we can relax with a hot shower. The last day of the tour is reserved for the sacred Inca city of Machu Picchu before returning to Cusco.
- Private transport from your hotel in Cusco to Mollepata.
- All meals during the trek.
- High quality camping equipment including tent, mattresses, eating tent with table and chairs and bathroom tent.
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- Horseman and mules for up to 7kg of a customer's personal equipment (1).
- Transport from La Playa to the hydroelectric station (for the equipment and everyone's bags).
- Hotel with Private Room and Bathroom in Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance to the National park of Salkantay & Machu Picchu.
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (one way).
- Tourist train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and bus to Cusco.