The Classic Inca Trail is one of South America's most famous treks. The four day route follows the ancient footpaths and staircases of the Incas to the ancient city of Machu Picchu. Machu Picchu itself is situated on a narrow ridge that is surrounded by cloud forests and steep cliffs that lead down to the mighty Urubamba River. It's a challenging and rewarding 40km (25 mile) hike through tropical forests, past numerous archaeological sites and over three mountain passes to the Sun Gate of Machu Picchu. Enjoy the hospitality of our guides and porters who will keep you well fed with hot meals and have your camp setup every evening before you arrive. If you are thinking of making this 4 day trek you need to book at least several months in advance as only 500 trekkers a day are allowed on the trail.
- Entrance fees to the Inca trail and Machu Picchu.
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- All meals during the trek as well as tea and snacks during the day.
- High quality camping equipment including tent, mattresses, eating tent with table and chairs and bathroom tent.
- Transport from Cusco to the start of the trek at km 82.
- Tourist train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (Expeditions or similar) and bus to Cusco (Hotel).
- Porters Service (8 kg maximum of personal luggage).