Proof of travel insurance is mandatory before starting the trek. Standard policies often only cover medical evacuation to 4000m so make sure the policy you get covers trekking as an activity up to 6000m. You only need to be covered on the policy for the days you will actually be trekking. We have some suggestions on finding an insurance company on our Terms of Service Page
Extra Costs and Exclusions
Our trekking packages are pretty much all inclusive when you arrive in Nepal. Here are additional expenses that you can plan on while trekking:
- For visas please click here.
- Sleeping Bag Rental $20 and Down Jacket $15 if needed.
- All the meals are included on the trek but we only include breakfast while you are in Kathmandu.
- We suggest a tip for the guide and porter after the trek - Plan on around 10% of the cost of your trek.
- We don't include drinking water on the trek which you can buy a number of places for between $1 and $3 a bottle (it gets more expensive towards base camp). A better solution is to buy water tablets in Kathmandu for around $2 and treat the water (your guide can help you find the good places to fill your water bottle).
- The other things not included on the trek are like Wifi, charging batteries and hot showers. Wifi is available in some tea houses for $3 to $5 an hour. Hot Showers are also available in a few of the tea houses for between $4 and $6. Charging electronic devices is possible in the tea houses and charging costs between $1 and $3 an hour.
- Unforeseen cost due to flight cancellation, weather conditions etc. You are responsible for extra hotel nights ($40/night) and meals in Kathmandu or Lukla for any extra days in Nepal due to flight delays.
We generally don't charge solo travelers any extra fees. Solo travelers can expect their own hotel room in Kathmandu but will need to share a room with other group members during the trek. If availability allows we will arrange private rooms on the trek as well upon request.
We understand things happen and plans change and will refund your deposit minus a $150 cancellation fee. If your travel dates change we can generally reschedule you at no extra charge, but please provide at least 7 days advance notice.